UI & UX designer
Skills and expertise
Graphic design & web design:
User Experience, User Interface:
Freelancer Web Producer & Web Designer at Wunderman Dubai /
Owner @ Fresh Pixels
July 2016 – present
Wunderman (Dubai) is an multinational advertising company, with whom i’ve worked for 2 years on some top clients & brands such as : Ford (Explorer, Expedition, F150, etc) , GSK (Panadol, Sensodyne), Dubai Tourism & Properties, Nestle (Nescafé Dolce Gusto). – web banner production : HTML5 banners with Google Web Designer and Google Studio (certified) MRAID / responsive / expandable / video / inApp, etc –
Banner design and implementation: HTML5, CSS3, JS, Jquerry / TinyAnimate / GWD, Google Studio – Upwork / Elance
Brand identity , web advertising , web interface design, ux design, implementation for various clients on Swiss market : Gamned!: Geneva Tourism / GenevaLive, MyStore.ch, Conforama.ch
Other projects for another swiss digital agency, details disclosable at request:
– ebook design
– landing page / WordPress implementation
– ppt template
– icons & illustrations
– banner design
Freelancer Web Designer – Pop Soda
February 2013 – present
Web layout, wire frames, graphics, UX / UI – for e-shops, web apps and services on Swiss market. I appreciate and treasure the lasting working relationship with this web agency and is for me a great opportunity to understand once again, the western market and users.
Switched from Photoshop static layouts to Adobe XD prototypes since 2019
Senior Web Designer at Orange Romania & Switzerland (Geneva/ Laussane)
September 2011 – March 2016 (5 years)
– Online advertising creatives / Screen Advertising: web banners compatible with Google DCM platform, web video banners, html5 banners (started with Flash in 2011, but changed to html5 due to discontinued support for Flash Player worldwide)
– E-mail design (sales newsletters)
– Project management: i was the lead designer & Single Point of Contact for the Romanian team outsourcing for Orange Switzerland. Agile methods and apps were used – CKC (Collaborative Knowledge Construction) and lately, Jira.
From 2015 onward, I’ve been involved in re-branding activities for Salt; Orange Switzerland was acquired by Salt in Switzerland and re-branding followed. For Salt Switzerland trough Makazi & Gamned!:
– Banner design, implemenation and production;
– banner template system for custom platform;
– newsletter design & implementation
Web Designer at Netbridge (Bucharest, Romania)
March 2006 – March 2011 (4 years 9 months)
– Brand & corporate identity for Okazii.ro, myjob.ro, trafic.ro (re-design, re-branding)
– Flash animations, and several multimedia projects.
– Illustrations, print.
It was a turning point for me, after several professional experiences with minor projects; I took great pride and satisfaction designing for web sites such as Okazii.ro, Trafic.ro, and MyJob.ro, with massive audience, even at that time (over 10 million users).
I also appreciate what I’ve learned from the people meet at Netbridge: agile and scrum project management, new techniques and technologies; it was a privilege to be part of a great team of web designers, developers and programmers.
Web Designer at Nobel Romania (Bucharest, Romania)
September 2003 – September 2005 (2 years)
– Nobel, an American company, providing online telecommunication services;
– SEO for “cartele telefonice” (phone cards) and related keywords for romanian market; 1st place in google after some weeks of building the right keyword density and improving semantics.
Web Designer at Maer (Bucharest, Romania)
July 2002 – September 2003 (1 year 3 months)
– Web Design, Photography, Print.
I had the request to take care of the web presence of the company – as in house web-designer:
-Forms, graphics, and illustrations for print ;
-Photography of commercial products (natural stones for pavements) for the web site.
-Network and systems administration (Windows)
Web Designer at Ugur (Bucharest, Romania)
July 2001 – July 2002(1 years)
– Web Design, Photography, Print.
My first job as a web designer, where i produced the web sites of the company starting from a brochure they owned, scanning the images and optimizing them for the web – maintenance of the IT infrastructure.
UI / UX Design Specialization – California Institute of the Arts
4 Courses Specialization 2019
Web Design: Strategy and Information Architecture
Grade Achieved: 97.5%
UX Design Fundamentals
Grade Achieved: 96.7%
Visual Elements of User Interface Design
Grade Achieved: 85.2%
Web Design: Wireframes to Prototypes
Grade Achieved: 98.10%
Jurnalism and New Media, Hyperion University, Bucharest, Romania
2006 – 2009, not finished
Fine Arts, Ceramics, Nicolae Tonitza Highschool, Bucharest, Romania
1991 – 1995
Professionally used since 2003
Learned in school, slightly used